Baby shower registry

I need suggestions as to what to ask for my baby shower (or not to ask).

Was there anything you got that you ended up not needing or hating. Or anything that you thought "that would really be useful"?

We already have a crib, changing table and an awesome infant carseat/ carrier.

This is our first, so any suggestions would help! thanks!

Laurenmommy918

Asked by Laurenmommy918 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ASK FOR LOTS OF DIAPERS AND WIPES .. i didn't specify on my registry so I got a bunch of different brands, but I found i liked the Pampers diapers a lot better than the Huggies.
    I also didn't ask for any plain white onesie's, but found I needed those a lot more than the pretty one's.
    Ask for a lot of PJ's too...you will change a lot pajama's .. lol.
    Congrats and Good Luck.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i would ask for everything..little things too. baby toys, bouncers, play gyms, clothes, onsies, socks, baby toliteries, bath tub, kinda of bottles u want to use, or nursing things whichever u play on doing, playyards, swings. it is really good to have extra sheets for the crib mattress, can never have too many onsies-or baby socks, i would ask for a thermeter if u dont already have one. probably one thats for the ear or butt..hope this helps an good luck first mommy! =)
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• what i did for my first-i put on the invite to bring a pack of diapers an they would be entered to win a prize..so u should do that-good way for u to get diapers!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• YOU DO NOT NEED to put A TUB (I didnt even use mine) , blankets, or clothes :o)
    BUT BE SURE TO SAY WHAT THE THEME YOU ARE GOING FOR IS, SO THAT EVERYONE WILL KNOW. YOU WILL GET LOTS OF BLANKETS AND STUFF ANYWAYS, so be sure you state what theme!!
    Loved my swing ****A MUST*****
    Diapers are a must!
    Wipes too!
    bouncer!!!!!!!!!!!! ******A MUST!*******
    bottles (even if you plan on BF, things happen!)******A MUST******
    Crib set and extra's (you wont get it all, but its good to have a theme picked out!)

ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 12:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• pampers even sells gift cards that are great and make sure you register for pampers points.. they really add up fast and you get free stuff.. we loved the baby gowns.. especially when the baby is small it makes it so much easier to change the diaper.. and you can never run out of soap or rash cream... or onesies... goodluck.. there are a lot of places for registries.. target, walmart, diapers.com, toysrus/babiesrus..... have fun... oh and sheets for the changing table and bed.. and im obsessed with the bobby so i have a few extra covers for it too when the baby burps up.. and the receiving blankets make great burp rags.. they cover much more area then the tiny tiny burp rags gerber makes..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• receiving blankets are definitely WAY better burp pads then the burp pads ... receiving blankets catch soo much more than the burp pads - so ask for ALOT of those.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The early days my baby wore onesies and one piece zip up outfits unless we were going somewhere special. We used lots of burp clothes (I bought a package or two of cloth diapers to use as burp clothes). And she used the swing and bassinett and I put her in the Baby Bjorn carrier quiet often. It is handy to have a stroller that you can snap the car seat into for outings as well. I got a small CD player for the nursery at my shower and my DD still uses it everyday 18 months later.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I asked for pretty much everything.. and I got a bunch of clothes lol. The whole time I was pregnant I was buying stuff, then my family kept getting mad at me and told me to just let them know what I needed and they would take care of me at the shower.. so I quit buying stuff. And I ended up going home with about 30 onsies and over 500 size ONE diapers lol. I just wouldn't get your hopes up on anything! But I asked for things like pacifers, diapers, wipes, bottles, blankets, crib sheets, toys...
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010