my dd the loner...

i feel bad about my 11 yr old dd.she seems lost. she doesnt have many friends and the ones she does have are kind of odd.one girls dad is in jail for something to do with credit cards...i meet the other girls mom the other day she came off like a vulture.. basically i wouldnt want to get into a fight with her....no wonder why this girl is crying all the time...and the 3rd girl her family just doesnt care...i am beginning to worry about my own dd.it was suggested they sh should go to a therapist.. i dont know why???

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 12:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Who suggested the therapist? I would considerate it- it doesn't hurt anyone to have someone to talk to. Is she trying to make more friends or is she content?? I know my son is a loner, but he just likes to do his own thing and doesn't care about what the other kids were doing... Maybe having some of these girls over to your house would give you some more insight. Just because their parents are odd doesn't mean the girls can't be good friends to your daughter.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I was a loner as a child. Still am. Not every one is a popular person. Not everone is out going and has a lot of friends. As long as she is happy I would not worry about it.

Answer by louise2 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• every one I meant

Answer by louise2 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I am also like that quiet and shy even as an adult !!!! My 2nd daughter seems similar to me has a few close friend and yes the one seems to have a diffrent kind of home life then we have but I try to teach my children not to judge and accept everyone and look out for the under dog. It is okay not to be popular as long as she is happy. If she is unhappy then there is something to worry about and look farther into and maybe ask her teachers our she is interacting in school and so on.
    ramajil

Answer by ramajil at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• There's nothing wrong with being a loner. If you don't like the people she's hanging around, maybe help her get involved in an activity or if she likes art or music or something you could get her a nice set up having to do with what she likes.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010