Breastfeeding Books

What are your favorite books on breastfeeding? I am just beginning my second trimester, and I want to get prepared. Thanks in advance!

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I liked "The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding"

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/408906/

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• womanly art of breastfeeding is good.. there is also another that is good..
    I say just read anything you can get your hands on! lol.. go to your library & see what they have, read Kellymom.com and any other respectable site...
    You can never get too much info (unless its bad info!! which can be out there)
    Ask if your hospital will have a lactation consultant on hand for u... or if you can request one..I had one in our hospital & she was a saving grace! She came in many time on her own to check in on me & I was also able to call her any time i needed.. they had someone oncall 24hrs! :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
    Breastfeeding Pure & Simple by Gwen Gotsch
    So That's What They're For!: The Definitive Breastfeeding Guide 3rd edition by Janet Tamaro
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I didn't really like the womanly art of breastfeeding.. I guess it would be a good book if you need the basics and don't really know anything about it (I'm honestly not trying to be rude with that, it just seemed like that book was very basic to me.) I really learned more from just learned more from spending an hour or two with a lactation consultant. But I agree with pp. just read anything you can. Any information is better than nothing!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• "So That's What They're For" is a great basic primer. I'm not as fond of Womanly Art.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I didn't read any books, but went to a class, and had a good lactation consultant, a patient and knowledgeable La Leche League Leader, and an absolutely amazing nurse who worked the night shift in the nursery at the hospital.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• So That's What They're For is great! Funny and super informative :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 4:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010