im 41 weeks with my 1st baby.... im gettin induce i wanna know wat should i know before, durin, and after the induction

mslisha90

Asked by mslisha90 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I dont know, I have never been induced! I just wanted to wish you the best of luck and CONGRATS!!! :)
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 1:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Don't eat before. During, enjoy the ride...............getting induced is rough, the contractions are STRONG from the start. After, cuddle with your new baby and enjoy!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i was induced with my first too. only i was 38 weeks pregnant. you will get an iv to help get it started. you also are going to hear horror stories but dont worry it will be fine. your contractions will increase once your water breaks. and that doesnt hurt. are you planning on getting any meds?
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• thanks i'm just scared thinkin bout it i just hope everything come out good n fast... im alright dilated 2 2cm n 40% effaced
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• right now i do not know.... my mom keep tellin me that insurance do not pay 4 the meds
    mslisha90

Answer by mslisha90 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• my contractions werent strong until after my water broke. i started out at 1cm. everythign will be fine. just remember women have been having babies forever! child birth hurts but you will forget how bad it hurts when you see that baby!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Why dont you call the insurance & ask what they cover..but I cant imagine them not paying for medications you may need during child birth.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Induction doesnt mean fast.................it's just starting it for you. You can be in labor for awhile. Be prepared for that. Talk to your OB about the meds, they will know if your insurance will pay for it or not.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I've heard it's different for everyone, but I was induced, so I'll tell you what I went through, k? I checked in the afternoon before, and was induced about 8 or so the following morning, they put me on pitocin and broke my water. it just felt like I wet myself in the bed honestly. Anyways, the pitocin makes the contractions start and they start out like a few minutes apart. But after a while they are really close together and pretty intense. I stayed at like 2 cm for a few hours, then I got an epidural, cuz it hurt! Anyway, an hour later, I was like at 8 cm. the epidural was great! It made the contractions almost go away completely! it was just kind of a dull ache in my abdomen. Anyways, a little while later I started pushing. idk how long I pushed, but I'd guess about half an hour. Sophie Lynn was born at 1:33 in the afternoon. They said we were doing good if she was born by like 5 or 6. Very short labor for me! good luck!!
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I was induced with both of my kids at 38 weeks... and they were BIG then!! Don't listen to the horror stories that's for sure!!! Mine went SMOOTH as can be, I didn't think the contractions were any worse, I did get an epidural both times with out problems. Just relax and enjoy the fact that you don't have to do the whole "IDK if we need to go in or wait, then have your kid on the highway in your car thing"!!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010