My son (who is 10) asked to learn 2 new languages...Spanish and French...does anyone know any good programs out there to help him ?

The sad thing is..I took 3 years of French and yet I do not remember hardly any of it,lol.
I would like to help him learn the basics at home, not to sure where to start...any ideas?
Thanks for your help :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• i would also maybe ask the school system if they know of any programs you can get him into. That is great that he wants to learn languages. They say you learn them so much easier from a younger age.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have a friend tell me that rosetta stone doesn't work as great as she would've liked. She said it just teaches you wordsd and not sentence structure
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I've heard that Rosetta Stone is a great program for that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• maybe muzzy?
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Rosetta Stone? Thankyou! I will google it and see where I can get it from. Thanks again! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Im fully bilingual and have my daughter in french language school... Rosetta stone is what i use to help her at home... It is an AMAZING learning tool and has helped her grades come up better than i was able to.... Definitly look into it... also a lot of communities offer french courses as well as spanish for beginners children and adults... Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Check out www.livemocha.com.
    London3

Answer by London3 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Rosetta Stone is an amazing program to learn a foreign language and they have different levels. It is very expensive though.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• can u ask him to pick the most important one? It would be very hard to learn two new languages simultaneously. If you get him to pick his main priority, you can concentrate your efforts, money and tortor fees in that one, if the passion for the next language is still there then he can go after it. If he is only 10, there is nothing wrong with saying he can only pick one for this year
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 28, 2010