How was your natural birth experience?

no epi, no drugs, just natural... all details please! thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first time was scary, although I had taken lamaze classes, when the day came, I though "I am the only one that can do this"!!! I was ready, brought my focal point from home put it in the wall in front of the bed I was in and the contractions seemed less painful focusing on my point and breathing. The breaks in between contractions were heavenly, the monitor I had reminded me another one was coming and so I braised and got through them. My labor was short, 4 hours, and my baby although full term was less than 5 pounds. My second time around was even shorter labor 3 hours but I did the same, and this time my baby was 7 pounds, the recovery for both of them was quick and comfortable, I could have walked out of the delivery room on my own, and thought to myself, wow that wasn't so bad!
    I really think that the better shape you are in phsically the better the labor. Hoped I helped!

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• OP~ yes thank u, that is a good answer
    Anonymous

• Well I was induced. During the onset of contractions (1 min. i had NO contractions, the next minute I was contracting every few seconds)) I was given a drug in my IV ( I DID NOT AGREE TO THIS. My mother-outside of my room, demanded it!!!)... This drug lasted for about 30 min. it was awful..

It DID wear off.. My MIL (bless her!) came in & helped me with my breathing. I got a focus point (a sign) and i just had to see it, IDK how to explain in.. The nurse stepped between me & my sign & I yelled at her lol (she understood!).. They told me not to push but i could not help it. my body was pushing. its like having to take a really bad poo.. u cannot hold it in, even if u try! lol... Dr. came & i was given OK to push.. you push through it. its just instinc. it does hurt, but its not the kinda pain we see as pain.. its unique... and pretty cool... not many pushes for me & after the head came my dd slipped out.. litereally.. (cont.)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• They almost dropped her on the floor (a nurse actually hit her knees to the floor!! )
    Recover was awsome! I didnt even take a tylenol.... Within about 2hrs of birth I took a bath & was just so energetic. I was up trying to clean our hospital room & wanting to tidy everything.. lol..
    At home I was fine, i needed rest but was not sore really.. I think it was all awsome.
    I compare natural birth to climbing a mountain... There is lots of pain/indurance when taking that hike to the top. its a challenge.. but when u get to the top (deliver) its AMAZING! And much more of a reward than taking any type of elevator..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It was with my second child, and it was AMAZING! I would do it again, in a heartbeat. When I arrived at the hospital, I was 6-7 CM, and they let me walk around for an hour, and I had to drink 2 pitchers of water (you know the ones they give you when you are in the hospital.) while walking around. Went back to the room after an hour of contracting while walking, and when they checked me, I was 8-9 cm dilated. I laid over the side of my bed and rocked and breathed through the contractions. My mid-wife came in and broke my water, and within minutes, BOOM...I was ready to push! She walked out of the room, and went down the hall, and I had to push, lol. So, when she came back in, I said I have to push, and I did, head coming out, she flipped me on my side, leg up in the air, so I wouldn't tear. One more push, he was here :) I LOVED it!! I had a good birth, and it can be done, and it's totally worth it, TOTALLY!
    Anonymous

• I compare natural birth to climbing a mountain... There is lots of pain/indurance when taking that hike to the top. its a challenge.. but when u get to the top (deliver) its AMAZING! And much more of a reward than taking any type of elevator..

OP~ I like the way you put that! and good answer.. I like the detailed ones lol
    Anonymous

• I had all 3 of my children natural no anything !!!! I was in labor for 2 1/2 hours tops. The contration were very intense one on top of each other no breaks in between . I had no time for meds. It was really painful but really fast. I do not think I would have it any other way. My last child I got there just in time 10 minutes later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Did alot of lamaze breathing and focusing on the end result beautiful baby girls !!!!!
    Anonymous

• Good while it lasted :(
    I went into labor in the middle of the night. At 5am I couldn't sleep anymore, so I finally told my husband I was having contractions and we timed them -- 7 minutes apart. I made smoothies, lost my mucous plug, we took walks, played some games, called my doula when they were 5-6 minutes apart. I felt totally fine between the contractions, but they were getting intense. By evening they were incredibly intense and 4-5 minutes apart so we went to have me checked at the hospital. My baby was not engaged and I was only 1 cm dilated. I was sent home and it was a lot harder to labor after seeing all that labor with no progress. The night was incredibly difficult. I was so tired by 3-4 am that I was trying to doze in the 4 minutes between contractions, but I had to jump forward into another position to tolerate the contraction. It was hard, but I was sure I was bringing my baby closer. But at noon the next..
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:00 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• ... day, we went in again and I was 1.5 cm dilated, baby still not engaged. I labored at the hospital the rest of the day. By the time I was 46 hours into active labor, I agreed for an epidural and pitocin. I needed to sleep. I got to 6 cm but that was it... baby never dropped down, and was delivered by c-section to an exhausted, heartbroken mommy. I still am glad I got to experience it, but I guess I wasn't prepared for the disappointment. I still believe most women can do it naturally, but I was so convinced that I COULD do it that it was incredibly traumatic for me not to succeed.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It was wonderful.. well as wonmderful as a birth can be I suppose lol. DD was sunny side up, so I had been having contractions on and off for over 2 1/2 days. Finally around 11p Thrus night (after a 12 hr break from 22 hrs of contractions). I knew it was the real thing. So I went to bed and just laid there dozing between contractions until 3am. Then they were about 5 min apart. I woke up dh and we timed them for another hour before calling the midwife. I talked to her for about 40 min then I started vomiting. So she told me she'd meet me at the birthing center at 6am. I took a hot shower, which helped with teh pain. I was having all back labor. By this time I had the runs and was vomiting like crazy. Got to the birthing center and got checked, at 7am I was 7cm! They got the birthing tub ready for me, and it made such a huge difference. DD was born at 9:30a after about an hour of pushing. It was amazing.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010