HOW DO I PLAN A BABY SHOWER IN 1 WEEK?

MY AUNT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY BABY SHOWER FOR ME BUT MY UNCLE LOST HIS JOB AND WE HAVE A FAMILY FEUD ON OUR HANDS, I JUST GAVE UP TRYING TO MAKE IT WORK OUT BETWEEN THEM AND DECIDED TO HAVE IT MYSELF, ONLY PROBLEM I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN, I NEED HELP!!

newmommie091

Asked by newmommie091 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Uh-oh! Start sending e-vites/invites noooowww!!!

You could have it at your home, or if you have another family member who's willing to let you have it there.
    Start making up "Baby Need's" - lists now to put in with your invites.

If you don't want to have food "catered" - you could ask some of your family to make some food for the BS.
    Then, you will have a variety- but make sure you know what everyone's making so everyone doesn't show up
    with all the same thing. lol

Google some baby shower games, too. They're always fun!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Throwing yourself a shower isn't proper no matter the circumstances. Don't you have any close friends that would?
    Anonymous

• THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THROWING YOUR SELF A BABY SHOWER...I myslef was blessed to have someone have one for me but before they offered I was already thinking about having my own. Now I would add that since you are doing it yourself and in a hurry STRETCH your money for what its worth. That way you dont spend too much and you are not taking som much fromyout new baby. But what you spend you should make up in what gifts you get. And do what khf22 said to do. I googled some baby shower games for a friend who was planning a short noticed shower too. There are some that you can just print out and play on paper. You could print them out on special decorated paper to add something to them. GOOD LUCK!! Hope it turns out well.
    TieraniMommy

Answer by TieraniMommy at 2:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It's poor etiquette to throw any party for yourself where gifts are traditionally given. If you don't have anyone else who would want to throw your shower, at least ask someone to "host" it for you with the understanding that you'll plan and pay for it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No offense guys but she didnt ask for your views on etiquette... she asked for advice on how to plan it... Im sure with circumstances being known among her friends they will not take offense to the change of person doing the planning...

My lady I have no clue... Im having my first shower with this prego so all I can say is best of luck and wtg on not letting the circumstances bring you down!

Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Exactly Anon. Now we all know that someone else should plan and host for her but WITH THE CIRCUMSTANCES what else could she do? Not have one at all? And who in 2010 is still REALLY trying to follow traditions? You see more people thinking outside the box and curving and tweeking traditions to fit what THEY want not what OTHER people have been doing for years and years.
    TieraniMommy

Answer by TieraniMommy at 8:42 AM on Apr. 28, 2010