How can I stop my 2 year old son from biting his friends? need advice.

He bit his friend while playing. he does not like anybody play with his toys. What should I do? I am really upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try talking to him or do what I did with my kid when he bit someone I bit him back but not to really hurt him just enough for him to understand it was not a happy feeling.... He stopped but all kids and moms are different. GL
    Anonymous

• I have the opposite problem. My son keeps getting bit.. I don't know what to say to him as he's becoming very aggressive since these bites and its breaking my heart.!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• for the kids being bit, if they can quickly put a hand on the biters forehead, they will not get a bite in. for the kids that bite...do they still recommend biting them back?
    i used to be a biter. my sister did the hand on the forehead thing, and she rarely got bit.
    my parents never bit me hard enough when they tried to get me to stop. i think if you do bite them, you have to hurt them.
    if you can't hurt them, which is totally understandable, then be very strict and very consistent with the timeouts.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2010