Do you agree?

"The advantages for a single child outweigh the few disadvantages."

I saw this unreferenced quote in another thread. I think studies regarding single versus multiple children can only study certain aspects, like how a child is provided for financially. How can they study the impact siblings have on a child for positive or negative? Every family is different, and there may be cases where having only one child is best, but I don't think it's accurate to label that across the board.

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 2:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you also. There are too many factors involved in this for a blanket statement like that.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 3:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I totally agree with you! I think studies like that are completely ridiculous!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i agree as well.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i meant with you. not the quote.
    aly38914290

• Gotta agree with you
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 4:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It is just a different opinion. I don't think you can lable either. I for one would not ever want to be without my sibs. I know my kids feel the same. As for only children. Well, my sons girlfriend is an only. She said when she was young it had its perks. Now that she is grown, she wishses for sibs. When her parents are gone, it is just her...that is scary for her. I think everyone is different. I am sure many only's would tell you they are so glad they are only's
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010