Sippy Cups

I'm trying to get my daughter to go from her bottle to a sippy cup but am not having luck. I've tried 2 different kinds.

Any advice?
Have you found any certain sippy cup best to ease the transition? Or ones that weren't so great?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine likes the straw cups as well. Nuby makes a nice sized no-spill one : Nuby 2 Handle Straw Cup

The straw ones may be better for oral development as well: So Long Sippy Cups, Hello Straws: Sippy Cups, Thumb Sucking Can Cause Speech Problems in Tots, Doctors Say

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We used the nubby sippy cups to start with. They were exclusively breastfed (no bottles) so they began sippy's when they were around 7 months. I found these to be the easiest to begin with.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 2:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You may have to try way more than two. I tried like 4 before finding one that my dd liked. I would try one with a soft top, like Nuby or Munchkin, and just give it time. Put water in it and let her play with it, she might catch on when you least expect it!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My daughter didn't like sippy cups, so I just give her a regular cup and she handles it very well. Actually, she spills less often than her dad. lol There is no rule that says kids must have sippy cups.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is an EBF baby & never had a bottle. I gave her a sippy cup when she was about 5 months & she got the hang of it a couple weeks later. I know many people don't like them, but she had the easiest time with the cups with the little straws that pop up. They fold in/under so that there's no spills. Although I tried probobly(SP?) 4 other cups with no success! She'll get the hang of it, & keep trying new/different ones if you have to. Oh, the only other one she liked that didn't have a straw was the one put out by gerber. Good luck!!!
    mandi0986

Answer by mandi0986 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010