Selling Things. .

Im not good at pricing items, im trying to post on craigslist and have a yard sale. Does anybody know how much i should sell my used paperback books? Only 3 are brand new and have only been used once. How about stuffed animals? A pair of sunglasses? A pair of toddler shoes? Clothes? Hardcover books . . New and used?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• books probably $1.00 you may get more if you have a used book store near you.. they will buy them.. but for clothes i usually do $2.00 for non name brand and $4-5 for name brand depending on quality and care and shoes i usuaully do 2-4 depending on size and quality..toys are hard to price depending on size and quality they can go for .50 to 15..
    Anonymous

• i would say when you go for a yard sell, you want to get the best bargain/deal. so dont price it high. If you want to get a dollar for it then just put $2. There was a yard sell and the couple had put beautiful pictures for just $2 and I bought all of them for just $5. When u see stuffs at a very low price, people do not want to embarrass you by asking too low. That's what I would do.
    Anonymous

• I find that most paperbacks don't sell for over 1.00. I won't pay over .50. We have a used book store that will give you 1/2 of the book's value, if it's rather new and in good shape.
    Anonymous

• I'd scope out what your area's craigslist is charging for similar things. Here paperbacks go for 25 to 50 cents each.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 11:30 PM on Apr. 28, 2010