Baby food meat

I've heard it's terrible. I'm fixing to try to give it to my daughter and have heard that most kids like it best mixed in with things.. I was just wondering what's worked for other moms. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tasted it with my first son and it was so disgusting that I never gave it to the others. I guess mixed with fruit or vegies it would taste OK, but the thought of smooshed meat really makes me want to gag.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• oh yeah! you gotta mix it! ped. told me that most babied don't recognise meet as a food "taste" until around 9 months. we mixed with carrots or sweet potatoes.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yeah, for some reason it sounds like canned dog food to me. Then again, I'm pretty much vegetarian, so it would! I do have a turkey sandwich now and then, but for some reason feeding animal carcasses to babies is something I could never do. When DS is older he'll have the choice to try meat if he wants, but I couldn't willingly give it to him.
    Anonymous

• Well unfortunately she has no choice, she's 9 months and not taking formula so she's gotta get stuff some way... it sucks.
    Anonymous

• the little girl I watch eats it and i feel like I could puke!! and I love eating meat myself. My daughter always just had beans for protein and that is what I will do with all my others that come along.
    Anonymous

• I chewed up real meat and fed it to my kids. Yea so people might think its nasty to do that, but my kids eat what I eat. There is no need to buy baby food. Most veggies can be mashed, and if you don't want to chew up meet and make little bite size balls for your kid, then get somekind of chopper that will make it fine and mix it with alittle water. I started my kids on mashed scrabled eggs at three months and they loved it.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• What kind of beans? And do you just mash em? That sounds a lot better than mashed meat lol
    Anonymous

• Ew. That stuff looks like the scum that cooks off of some cuts of meat. I never gave it to my kids. There are better sources of protein than that horrible stuff.
    Anonymous

• You don't have to use it, it is disgusting! You can give your 9 month old pea sized pieces of soft cooked chicken breast and ground beef. Beans are another good protein source, along with cheese and yogurt.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It smelled like wet cat food to me... We just held off meats until she had some teeth to chew it with and gave her other foods with the protein etc; she also breastfeeds, though. She still isn't a big carnivore- she prefers veggies, fruits, grains, anything before meat lol. There are other foods available that have all the things meat has.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010