Why do people criticize Kate Gosselin and not Michelle Duggar?

I always hear people calling Kate a selfish bitch or an absentee mom. And never hear the same about Michelle Duggar. After all 19 kids and COUNTING sounds selfish too me. It seems she has her older kids raising her younger ones! What is your opinion on these two moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when you watch both or the shows, you can tell a difference. Kate is always mad about something Jon or the kids did. She always seems to go off and do her own thing. (DWTS) Michelle is so patient with her family. She is so calm and tranquil and has a plan for when things go unnexpected.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i think they are both doing the best to make their children's life better. they obviously have some obstacles to overcome that most people don't. i would michelle duggar is more grounded than kate who got more caught up in the glitz and glamore of hollywood.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think they are both attention whores! LOL!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Mormons do no wrong
    Anonymous

• I, myself, have never criticized Kate or Michelle, I just dont see how they do it. I have 4 children and I just did it. We all do the mom thing, whether we have one child, eight children or nineteen children. We do what comes natural. Kate is probably looking for ways to make money since she's on her own now, hence the absentee mom label. Michelle is going by her religion and I quote "We will have as many children as God wants us to have" Can't put someone down for their beliefs.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The Duggars are NOT Mormons, anon 2:50.
    People do criticize Michelle Duggar but she is nice and not b*tchy like Kate Gosslin so it's a different kind of criticism.
    Anonymous

• i don't have an opinion on either of them. all of their children are healthy and loved, so who's to judge anything beyond that? i'm sure if someone had a camera on my life, i would be criticized for one thing or another. what works for one family doesn't always work for the next. and for that matter, i know moms of only one child who don't do half as good as these women do.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• How could one compare them? Look at their personality their commitments. One is a lady one is not.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing sefish about any of the Duggers. I don't guess you have watched or you wouldn't ask. I don't know that Kate is a bad mom but i do know she is a control freak. I don't think she did herself any favors by going on Dancing. Michelle Dugger would never go off to a dance contest just to get on TV. You should check out the show. If you haven't seen it you would be amazed at the difference.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Because Kate is out to get all the attention she can get as Michelle is not !!!! Kate makes me sick !!!!! She one of those women who is always saying how she is a perfect Mother and blah blah blah !!!!!!! She has perfect kids and had the perfect life !!!! Not so as the world can see !!!! She airs her dirty laundry to the world and cashes in on it !!!!! Disgusting !!!! Well I am being petty I hate hate her hair !!!!!! She is not attractive at all !!!! She whines all day !!! No wonder Jon left !!!!  Michelle is not perfect and instills good values on her children and does not cash in on every family issue they have !!!!!

Anonymous