Getting pregnant after the LEEP procedure?

I was told that I may have a harder time than expected to conceive after having the LEEP procedure done, and I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this procedure done and how long after it did you conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had it done in 1993 & got pregnant about 6 mo later. (I also had cryo surgery done in 1987..had my first child in 1990)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• what is the LEEP procedure?
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 3:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• LEEP stands for Loop Electo-Excision procedure (or something to that effect). It's a procedure used to remove abnormal cells from the cervix. OP - I've had one, and it was at least 6 years ago. I've been pregnant, but it was ectopic. Got pregnant the first time I tried. Have been having problems ever since, but that's more than likely unrelated to the LEEP.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• They went in and burned out a piece of my cervix that had some precancerous cells.
    Anonymous

• I almost had to have it done but my cells changed back to normal by the same day it was going to happen. So the OB told me I was borderlined with HPV. I had a friend who had it done. After what she describe I'm sorry you had to go threw that. Her OB told her it wouldn't affect her childbearing at all.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 3:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I had it done back in 1996, and I never have gotten pg since then. The doctors don't think that has anything to do with it, though. I have endometriosis, and DH has poor (and few) swimmers. I think the main issue is that it can affect your cervical mucus. If you are producing good CM, especially the stretchy or clear mucus, then you should be okay.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010