Is Powerade ok to drink while pregnant?

It's all I've been craving. Is it safe?
It does say it has 10% of vitamin B3, B6, and B12 in each 8 oz serving.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why not? It's better than soda. If you're worried ask your doc/ob, but I see nothing wrong with drinking it.
    Anonymous

• Ya!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• when i was preg. my doctor told me i needed to drink more he said powerade anything just drink more so it is safe :)
    Anonymous

• it helps keep you hydrated... i say go for it and have been given that same advice by my doc ...
    Mommy-2-B-of-3

Answer by Mommy-2-B-of-3 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It is not safe to binge on it or to drink it daily because it has too much sodium and will cause edema and other issues. You can drink one a few time a week, but never more than one a day and never daily.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I drank it will pregnant and my daughter is fine today. She is going to be seven this year.
    Anonymous

• ThrivingMom.... It is safe to drink, it's not like you would die from drinking it.... I drink Gatorade ALL day long.. It is exactly what my doctor told me to do.. Water does not keep my hydrated enough and I have contractions all the time unless I am drinking the gatorade... Yes you might swell a little more but I think I would take that over early labor any day!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2010