castor oil

okay please if your going to judge please don't reapond to my question. but i'm 40 weeks and very miserable....I want to take castor oil but im scared of the baby having respirtory problems. now if i decide to do it will i use the bathroom on the delivery table? will the doctor know if i drunk castor oil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry you are miserable. I am not sure how Castor Oil will affect the baby, it will make you go, the stimulation might cause labor. Don't worry about pooping during delivery, it happens sometimes, Castor Oil or not. You are Pushing hard and went you push things happen, I watched my cousin and my best friend, both has stool. Good luck, I wish you a quick labor and a Healthy baby!!
    Anonymous

• They recommend you don't take Castor oil. I gives you the runs and has affect that during delivery. But is baby is not ready it will not work. I understand you are miserable. I am miserable for 5 months because of tailbone. You are so close and can wait till baby comes. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Its sorta a hit or miss with castor oil I drank it and only got gas, my cousin drank it with all 5 of her kids and went into labor and delivered in 10hrs or less with all of them. and poo happens with about 80% of all births so no the Dr most likely won't know unless he asks and u tell him . also the cases studies of how it affects the babies are also on the fence so there is no clear answer but most midwives still suggest it to patients that are over due.
    quila_sunrise

Answer by quila_sunrise at 3:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• don't chance it. Just go get a spicy mexican meal.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 3:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010