Please answer! It's about the water department charging me too much when I know they've had to make a mistake.

Our bill runs about $25 a month, and this month they are charging me $58! It CAN'T be right. There is NO WAY. There is only my DH, myself and a toddler there, and we haven't used any extra water than normal and have no leaks. I already got DH to check. My mom thinks they didn't check my meter last month and just wrote down something, they checked it this month and are charging me for 2 months. IS there a way for them to go back and be able to tell at all? Don't they have some kind of thing they use to read the meter or something? I don't think it's fair I have to pay something if they messed up which I'm SURE they did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have the same problem. we are also three of us and the water bill is so high. sometimes they would send us a late fine for not being late. This month we got a bill which says no DUE. this is absolutely insane. I heard about charging extra in our and neighbourhood. You should pick up the phone and tell them to explain why it is high this time or come have a look at the meters. Complain. they work for you. and you are paying for it.
    Anonymous

• yea ours is up in the 90's its insane
    Anonymous

• Yeah I think they just put a guess on it especially if they can't get to your meter to read it. It sucks!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Just because he can't see any leaks doesn't mean there aren't any. Do you have outside faucets that other people are "stealing" from, or that someone left running and hasn't 'fessed up to?
    Anonymous