Are people that lazy now ?

I seen a commercial for a new car ( I think its sorento) ...anyways its the one where the toys ( Moono, The Monkey, etc) steal the car and go bowling and stuff. Theya re able to steal the car because instead of keys, you jsut push a button to start it...

I think that is so incredibly dumb ! Are people that lazy now, that they cant turn the keys.... What is the point - obviously it will be easier to steal ( noticing the commercial is about toys stealing it) , also the fact that if a kid is in a car ( not that one should be), all they have to do is push the button and the car will be on, basically an accident waiting to happen !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• do you live under a rock?
    Anonymous

• I agree !! Not that I think ppl are getting too lazy.. but it just is stupid !! You have to have keys to get into everywhere else.. Home, office, other vehicles.. So it's not like if you buy that car, you'll never need another key again! ya know?
    Anonymous

• wow... you have quiet the attitude.

My husband and I just bought a new car this past January that starts with a button. There is a key and a key chain type thing that you have to have on you, in the car for the button to work.  You can not just get in the car and push the button for the car to go on.

Anonymous

• anon :39

I havent carried a key to my home in 11 yrs. We have a key pad that opens the door.
    Anonymous

• just to let you know, the push button has been around, usually in more classy cars though. you need a key to put in the ignition before you push the button.
    Anonymous

• You can't steal the car unless you have the remote in your pocket that allows the push button start to work... You can push that button all you want but with out the remote..not happening.

My friend has a car like that and it has a remote, looks almost like the keyless entry or what you push to open the trunk. She has to have that in the car for it to crank...

I don't think its lazy, I just think something expensive to fix when it breaks LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My MIL has a mini cooper with this feature. The key has to be in the car for the push start to work. You can't just get in the car and push the button and have the car start.
    and to anon... actually we have key pads to get into our house and our car.
    If there is a child unsupervised in a car there is more to worry about then them pushing a button.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 3:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My car starts like that but i never use it or I'll leave my keys in the car lol..

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• LOL! My mom has a car like this. As the PPs said, you MUST have a key in the car to start it. Yes, if they made a car that just started with a push of a button, that would be very stupid. Thankfully, car manufacturers aren't that dumb.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• well if you have to have the thing with you -- what is the point?

Like the one poster said it would be really expensive if it somehow broke ( alot more expensive than a key)

Anonymous