My mid wife has told me to start taking primrose oil pills

Not to induce labor but i guess to start softening my cervix for when i do go into labor. She says it can also make the area more streatchy and make delivery easier.

Just asking if anyone has taken this? How did it work for you?
Did you take it by mouth or insert it in your Vagina? (yea i guess you can do that too)
or my doctor even said you can brake the pills and try putting the oil directly on your cervix. (Assuming you can reach)

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 3:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I took primrose since i was 34 weeks my labor was fast and easy and I needed no stitches. I took 2 orally and inserted 1 vaginally. but if she has different guidelines then follow hers. hope his helped.
    quila_sunrise

Answer by quila_sunrise at 3:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• oh also if u are able to reach. perennial massage is a great help if you cant reach have your partner help.
    quila_sunrise

Answer by quila_sunrise at 3:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010