Good NEWS wish me the best

I have been in the hospital since March 30 due to my water rupturing at 29wks 4days. I got the best news this morning and I cant wait til this Saturday because i will be 34 wks and if my daughter is head down they will induce me but if she is breech i will have a C section. I hate needles and i want to see my daughter when she is born so i really dont want a c-section plus I am not to fond of Needles that are bigger then an iv needle. So the thought of a c-section will make me a wreck. What I am asking is any one go through a c section after giving a vaginal birth with there first preg. So Ineed someone who has gone through this before. Becaue I am scared that I may have to get a C section. thank you for ur commits

mocaprincess

Asked by mocaprincess at 3:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• don't worry your going to be fine good luck
    vanessa0211

Answer by vanessa0211 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I haven't experienced a c-section but a plus would be that baby wouldn't have to experience the stress of labor in that case. That is amazing they have been able to keep her in so many weeks after your water ruptured. Sorry for asking but I've always wondered how they treat you when your water ruptures like that, is she in there dry or were they able to retain some of the fluid?

I wish you all the best and hope she goes head down so you can have the delivery you want! Good luck!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• well when ur water ruptures they give u antibotics for about a week and then they give u two steriod shots on ur bottom. The antibotic is to stop labor and to make sure the baby doesnt get an infection. Its never completely dry in there with my daughter because she keeps making fluids when she goes pee(lol) but its true and yes i have been leaking for a whole month.They do daily NST(non-stress test )on the baby. they make me stay in bed so i am on bedrest but once in a while i walk around lol. I got an anmioncentsis last Monday to see if i had an infection cause my tummy was sensitive and plus to see if her lungs were developed but they arent hopefully they wiill be by Saturday. But thats about it and they gave me more steriods after the amnio and now i just sit and wait for Ultrasound before they induce meon Saturday.
    mocaprincess

Answer by mocaprincess at 10:30 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Thanks for answering my question, I had no idea they were able to keep baby in long enough to mature once something like that happens, that's really amazing. I hope her lungs are better by Saturday, you must be going crazy already. Well I really hope Saturday goes smoothly for you and your little girl!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2010