What can you do about orange tint to roots of hair?

I've always used sun-in in my hair, and I always loved the results. However, two weeks ago I used sun-in once again and I now have a orange tint to my roots. It is really noticable if my hair has not been blow dryed and straightened. If I blow dry and flat iron, it isn't too noticeable, but it is still there. The rest of my hair looks fine. I knew that this was a possibility with sun-in, but it never happened in the past. I know I could use toner on my hair, but I really do not want to do that or go to a salon. Does anyone have any advice? Should I just wait it out? Would John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo do anything for me? What would happen if I use sun-in again (by no means am I saying I will)? What could have went wrong this time that hasn't in the past? Sorry for so many questions...I'm just confused as to what I should do or not do. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't want to do anything about it try going in the sun. See if it lightens up. If not you might have to tone it.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The blond shampoo wouldn't work, I don't think. You can try applying a violet shampoo or a toner to your hair, other than that, it might wash out after several shampoos.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i would go with a purple toner shampoo always works for me when i start getting an orange tone to my highlights
    ibebreezy

Answer by ibebreezy at 7:40 AM on Apr. 29, 2010