do you really blame music and movies for the reason why kids shoot up schools or malls?

i see people blaming the type of music kids listen to or the movies kids watch to school shootings or mall shootings.
how many people really believe those are the things to blame for the violence?
i grew up on movies with clint eastwood, john wayne, freddy crugger, and jason.
watching movies like pet cemetery, the shinning, world war movies, cowboy movies because of my dad.
no i'm not talking about watching these movies when i was a teen i remember watching them when i was 6 and up with my dad.
as for music i really only listened to things like spice girls, backstreet boys, brittany spears (way before she hit rock bottom) because that was my taste in music. however when i met my hubby he's my complete opposite, heavy metal, long hair, nothing but harley davison (mostly black) clothes. neither of us wanted to shoot up a school. so why do we continue to blame it on these two things when it could be a blether of other things?

bikerchickmommy

Asked by bikerchickmommy at 4:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• No, I blame the government for stepping in and telling us how to raise our children and telling us that spanking as a form of disipline is illegal. I blame parents for not putting a foot in their childs ass and telling them that THEY are the kid and I am the PARENT instead of allowing the child to run the family and using a tv as a babysitter
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I blame everything negative in kids lives. Lack of parenting, violence and sexual content in movies, music and games....everything. I think it all plays a part and desensitizes us.
    Anonymous

• It's easier to blame some "outside influence" than to accept the blame yourself (meaning the parents, friends, neighbors of the kid(s) who commit these horrible crimes).

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No I blame parents. You can control what tv your children watch or what music they listen to. If your child is building pipe bombs in his bedroom and stockpiling assault rifles and ammo and you have no idea you are the worlds worst parent.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I mostly think its because olack of parenting. parents just arent that involved in kids lives anymore. they miss the warning signs or they just dont do anything about it.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It comes down to the parnets.
    Anonymous

• When I see something horrible like that happen, my first thought is "Where are the parents", "Why didn't the parents see this coming" NOT "What kind of music did the child listen to or what movies did the child watch".
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No I blame parents.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• All my children have played video games, listened to music and none have shot up schools or malls.  Us as parents need to be one step ahead of our children in what they are doing, not always easy but its part of our job.

Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• no I blame the parents who don't pay enough attention to their kids and then try to blame someone else for he problems the kids have.
    quila_sunrise

Answer by quila_sunrise at 4:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010