Need help !

I know how to diet, I know how to lose weight.... I just dont know how to get motivated and actually do it !

I am getting so big, that I am actually starting to have health problems because of it..

Please give me some tips on how to get and stay motivated !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I try and get a buddy or someone that can keep you accountable. Someone you have to tel how much you weigh, what you ate, how much you worked out. I would try that.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 4:06 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Go Victorias secret and make a list of what you want to wear from there in 3 months, or go to a swimsuit store and see which swimsuit you WANT to wear, and then use that as your motivation!
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Put your skinny pics on the fridge. Along with pic of bikinis for the summer.
    Anonymous

• I post a pic of me skinny on my fridge, so everytime I go to the fridge I can make a choice...look like that again or eat food (when it's not a regular meal).
    I also like to weigh myself often, so I see the progress often!
    Find celebs that are your hieght and the weight you should be and make a book of people you could look like! block out the faces lol
    Anonymous

• to the first poster - lol...I actually did this, me and my friend also wanted to lose weight, we got a chart to keep track of our progress, got a gym membership together...at the end of the week we both gained 5 pounds - each.

Anonymous

• Do something to get yourself out of the house and away from the kitchen.
    if your like me then you eat when you have nothing better to do.
    make rules, like no eating while watching TV, or no eating in the kitchen (that one helped me alot, because as it turns out i did alot of my eating while standing up in front of the fridge)
    Count your calories. Dont try to curb your diet until you count for a couple days, so you can see where your biggest intake is, and then eliminate one thing from your diet at a time.
    give away your junk food and dont buy anything that doesnt require you to cook it.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You have to do it in steps. I am hard to motivate to but I have lost 27 lbs this year. I did not "diet" or workout. I changed my eating, I used to eat only one meal a day. Now I eat atleast two so I snack less. I make healthier choices. If I must snack... fruit or a granola bar or a 100 calorie pack. Salad more often with less dressing. Water and crystal light instead of soda. Have a bottle of water if you arent sure if you are actually hungry or eating because yo are bored. Walk places that are close and stand more often instead than sitting. I have noticed that my portions are smaller without trying and I am full faster. 27 pounds doesnt seem like a lot but it really is. I notice it in my clothes and in how much closer my fiance can hold me when he gives me hugs. And most of all you have to do it for YOURSELF and no one else. Good Luck Momma. Message me if you need to talk :)
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 4:31 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You may be depressed. Ask your doctor for a referral to a therapist.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Just take it one day at a time. Your weight will come off, it's just going to take time. I'm in the same boat as you (minus health problems.) I just have to keep telling myself that it WILL come off, it'll just take time. It's not something I'm going to see instant results in. It took (for me) 11 years to put it on, it's not going to come off overnight. Hang in there. And give yourself time.
    Anonymous