help! My 2 year old has decided to stop naping

I have a 2 year old daughter that lately has decided that she no longer need to take a nap. I feel like I have tried everything and that nothing is working. I have my own in home childcare so it is important that she is quiet during nap time. But being a 2 year old, she does not know how to talk and play quietly. So if anyone has any thoughts and suggestions for me, please help!
God Bless :)

Addiemommy123

Asked by Addiemommy123 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Having gone through what I thought was the *end* of the nap twice, I'll say this... I would be persistent and try not to give in/ give up just yet. We went through a miserable month or so on two different occasions, and both times she has just come right back into napping every day without a fight. She will be 3 next month. Seriously, I thought it was over... We struggled with the "quiet time" too because not only could she not be quiet, but she completely rebelled against the idea of staying in her room without interacting with us, even for just a half hour. But we dealt with a daily battle for awhile, and she just started sleeping again... at first she'd look at books until she fell asleep, getting up periodically to "go potty" of course, and then soon enough she just forgot to ask for a book and said goodnight from a lying down position. Hope this helps... Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010