Beginners Gardening Book?

are there any gardening books out there for beginners? i barely know anything and would love to learn more so i can eventually add flowers to our yard.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 4:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well I don't know of a beginner book, But the one I can't live without is Rodales Encyclopdia of prganic gardening. Its in alphabetical order of just about everything you need to know.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• *organic*
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• That is a great idea.
    Just a suggestion - As I walked around our neighborhood for a few years, I noticed what people were putting in their yards and that helped me. I saw what plants did not freeze and what grew back on its own after winter. HTH.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I've got this book, and like it: http://www.amazon.com/All-New-Square-Foot-Gardening/dp/1591862027

It teaches how to garden in relatively small spaces, which is great for my little yard. Pretty easy read for a beginner like me too (this is only my 3rd year having a garden).

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2010