If you havee working in a restaurant, what is the nastiest thing you have seen?

The kind of things that would make our stomach's turn!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Wow I butchered that title. If you have worked in a restaurant*
    Anonymous

• I never worked in a restaurant, but as a customer, the worst I ever seen was a wadded paper towel filled with snot in a salad I ordered.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 5:17 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• In college, some of the guys I worked with at McDonald's would use the frozen burger patties to swat flies with and then throw them on the grill. yup, true. And one morning the maintenance man sprayed for flies and they dropped out of the air and into the bowl of pancake batter. We never knew there were flies in it until the customers started asking since when did McDonald's put raisins in their pancakes. yup, true. And while working part time in a deli, I was informed that everything getting ready to go bad is thrown into salads. Tuna, chicken, macaroni whatever. If it's a salad covered in mayo or flavorings, it's ready to go bad.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:31 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My first job ever was Subway. We got a phone order one night ,but my co-worker knew the people calling because they were regulars and she hated them. One of them ordered pastrami and after she took it out of the microwave she threw the meat on the floor and proceeded to step on it and squish it into the dirty floor. Then she put it on the sandwich. I was disgusted, but didn't know what I could do.

Another time a different co-worker told me "go to the back" while he was putting a sandwich together. ( again we had got a phone order from someone HE knew). I asked "why" and he said " Don't ask, you don't need to see what I'm going to do...just go back for a few minutes!"

I never did find out what he did to the sandwich, but I'm guessing it was NAAAASTY!
    Anonymous

• roaches, flies and rats running around. I quit the same week.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010