Irregular menstrual cycle

I am on the shot, which usually gives me no periods. Last week I started for the first time since July. It is really disgustingly heavy. If i stand up I can feel it running out. If I cough the same thing. I also tried using tampons but they hurt soo bad all of the sudden. I havent had intercourse in a long time so I thought maybe that could be why? (like 2 years) I have also had the worse cramps EVER. The other night they woke me up and they felt like contractions, if I would have had sex in the past 9 months I Would have thought I was in labor. Every 5 minutes they hurt so bad to where I was in A LOT of pain thinking about going to the ER. I thought maybe it was because my body is getting rid of everything at once since the shot stops my periods. But Im not sure. Should I go to the DR. Or does anyone why is this happening? Sorry Im anon, I just find it gross and wasnt sure how appropriate this was..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

• As we get older, our hormones change. Sometimes this change will effect your birth control...you may no longer be compatible with it. talk to your doctor and see if they recommend changing.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• go to the dr. that sounds awful! if you are not having sex regularly, you may want to consider going off of the synthetic hormones. give your body a break. i hate the commercial that says there is no medical reason for having a period! that is just wrong!
    i truly wish you the best of health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2010