Help potty training? :/

My son does so good peeing in the potty but when it comes to pooping he refuses. Does anyone have any advice on how to get him to go poop in the potty?

tatorsmom2004

Asked by tatorsmom2004 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What I did was when I knew she was pooping, without her knowing, I took what was in her undies and put in in the potty then sat her on it. once she wanted to get up, I made a big deal out of her pooping in the potty. After that, we never had a problem.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm potty training my 2 year old boy right now. I took away his pull ups and he just started going poop and pee on his potty. He has peed and pooped in his underwear a couple times but most of the time he uses the potty. Good luck!
    missylove916

Answer by missylove916 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Mine is in the same boat...27 months old and he is scared to poo on the potty. I think it's because it's so strange feeling. He did it once by accident (thought it was passing gas...and oops!)
    He freaked out...crying and everything. I did my best to reassure him that it was good...and where it belongs. He has no desire to poop though only pee on the potty.

Good luck! I'll be reading these!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:23 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If your child is less than 2 he is too young.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:43 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My son is 21/2 and he is ready/
    tatorsmom2004

Answer by tatorsmom2004 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010