Is woolite like Dreft or Baby All?

My mother-in-law gave me a whole thing of woolite, but I'd rather use Gain on our clothes. I need to start preparing for Cadence's arrival and wash her clothes, but I want to do it in baby detergent. My first baby had an allergic reaction to Gain, and I'm afraid Cadence will too.

MayBaby0507

Asked by MayBaby0507 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby detergent, Woolite, etc, are horrible detergents. Dreft actually has more caustic fillers and allergens and junk than most other detergents - about the only one that's worse is Ivory Snow. Woolite is NOT as gentle as it's made out to be. You'd be better off using a free & clear than those detergents, but best off using Waush.
    Anonymous

• i used dreft for 18 months but they have ALL baby detregent and also purex baby,woolite is really good for keeping colors thats about it
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I used Dreft with Crystal, my first, in the begining, but it cost too much so I switch to Baby ALL when she reacted to Gain.
    MayBaby0507

Answer by MayBaby0507 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I use ALL free & clear for all our clothing. Woolite is more for your dedicates that are hand washed. I'd skip using it for your little one and use it on your unmentionables.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It's hard to predict what your baby will or won't react to.

We've always just used a "free and clear" detergent (costco brand which I believe is made by Tide) because I get itchy skin reactions to detergents with fragrances and dyes...so far with the first baby, just using the "free and clear" stuff has been fine.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:53 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If your other child had a problem dont mean this baby will they are diffrent people. If you are afraid it dont matter what you use as long as its the ones without the dyes and stuff and is the clear and fragrance free kind, its almost always the fragrance thats added they are alligeic to.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 28, 2010