Known any kids born addicted to meth?

Does anyone have experience with kids addicted to meth? What are the long-term effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, but how heartbreaking. Are you asking for yourself? Are you pregnant and on Meth hun?

Anonymous

• not meth but cocaine. They are a little slow. I think when i first met them the boy was 3 years behind in school. Another baby he was in and out of Intensive care for the first year of his life had to eat through a feeding tube until one day he died. Poor baby. Bless his heart. And my cousin smoked weed while she was pregnant and her baby had a whole in his lung.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/illegaldrugs.html this may help with some of your questions
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have a "crack baby" in my class at school. He is in the 6th grade. He has all kinds of behavior problems (not to mention the health problems).
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I adopted both of my kids (born to two different women who are meth addicts). DD was exposed to meth for the first half of the pregnancy (and oxycontin). She is healthy and very smart, but can be highly irritable and has trouble controlling her impulses sometimes. She is a bit hyper, but a great kid. She is 5 1/2. DS was born addicted to meth - his birth mother used for the entire pregnancy (meth and marijuana). He is healthy, but his head circumference has always been a little smaller than average. He is not quite 21 months, and really isn't saying much yet. That might be normal, and it might not. Developmental delays and behavior problems are common for drug-exposed babies/kids. Cocaine is a particularly bad one.

Are you thinking of adopting a substance-exposed child? Do you know a kid like this and have concerns? You can PM me for some info resources. I'll respond as quickly as I can (I'm a FT student).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No. I don't know anyone who has ever come within 10 miles of Meth but there is a lot of information out there Online. Google it.
    Anonymous