Has anyone ever went through this before?

I just had my son almost 6 weeks ago. I gave birth vaginally and I stopped bleeding a week and a half ago. My husband and I wrestled around 2 nights ago and I started bleeding. I thought it could be from that, Ever since then I have been bleeding though a super tampon every hour and I tried a pad and also am bleeding through it every hour. Is this normal or should I go to the ER or call my OBGYN?I have been cramping bad to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

• get checked
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• 6 weeks? This is your first period postpartum, and they are usually very heavy at first.

On average, just to put into perspective, I go through "Ultra" absorbency tampons in anywhere from 45 min to 1 1/2 hours the first 24-36 hours of my cycle, then drop down to using a "Super+" for the remainder. And I have ever since my last child. after that, it drops off to nothing for a day or so... It sounds to me like the two are coincidental, but if it doesn't slow down in a couple of days, or gets really heavy, go get checked out. Also, remember to wrap it up! You are extremely fertile right now!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The thing is I would go to the dr. I would just to be safe.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010