In your opinion, is there a difference between being pro-choice and pro abortion?

cross-posted in R&B

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I know many that HATE the thought of abortion, but are still pro-choice because they dont think they should force their views, morals etc on someone else

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• YES. Being pro-choice means you believe the decision is up to the person involved. No one else.

Pro-abortion means you think abortions should be had in ALL cases of unwanted pregnancy, with NO options of adoption or keeping the baby.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Of course, how could there NOT be a difference? Clear thinking, using the plain English language makes it obvious.

Although I suppose, if people do their thinking with slogans instead of with reasons, SOME might not see a difference.

(This would be a demonstration of what is wrong with the group-think programming promulgated in schools and the media for a couple of decades now ... under the innocent-appearing guise of "multi-culturalism", "diversity", political-correctness, and making it the highest goal to never offend someone, and the gravest crime to offend anyone.
    Under this mental training, logical reasoned thought is replaced with fully-programmed attitudes triggered by carefully-reinforced slogans. )
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Nope. If you believe it's ok for anyone to choose to have an abortion, you are pro-abortion. If you were anti-abortion, you wouldn't be comfortable with it just because it was someone else doing it. It's like saying you don't think it's ok if YOU rob a liquor store and shoot heroin, but it's ok if someone else robs a liquor store and shoots heroin. Robbing the liquor store should be a pretty black and white thing, either you agree with the rights of the criminal or you agree with the rights of the store owner and the traumatized clerk working the register. If you agree with the rights of the criminal, fine, but don't try to sugar coat it, just admit it, which means if you don't care if someone else has an abortion, you are pro-abortion. Being anti-abortion has nothing to do with choice, it's plain and simple if you feel the abortion is murder or not. Choice is a completely different issue.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Just a sugar-coated way of saying I'm OK with the idea of abortion. People can try to justify and pretty it up all they want. Reality is if you think it's not right and support someone else in doing it then you're for abortion.

Anonymous

• sweet said it for me. I would never have an abortion but wouldn't put my views on others
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I believe there is a difference.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I really don't care. It is a practice that is here to stay.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I agree with NotPanicking.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No. There is no difference. The point is... are you willing to kill an innocent baby or stand by while someone else does? Same thing.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 7:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010