Parent's Choice Formula

I would like to know if any other mothers have used this brand and if they would recommend it. We make too much money (yea right) to get on WIC but I had to stop breastfeeding due to medications. I am looking for a formula that is good for him and what we can afford and right now, cans of Parent's Choice are $10.00 at Wal-Mart. So, what say you?

hazelnutx

Asked by hazelnutx at 5:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well first of all its none of our buisness what meds you are on, If your doc says its not safe I wouldnt take the chance, this isnt a BF or Fourmla feeding descusion so take that else where. Answer the question thats asked do not jugde her. I dont see why it wouldnt be safe as long as your baby can take it and wil take it. Some babies dont do well on diffrent formulas and if it works for you then I would stay on it, My doc told us that most forumlas are the same.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My pediatrician said it was fine. I used it for a while and then switched to the store brand at Sam's club, which was about $20 for more than twice as much formula.
    Anonymous

• If you are off of, or going off of meds, you can easily re-lactate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Meds aren't going to stop any time soon.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 5:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Gotcha... My sister was in the ICU after being exposed to antibiotic resistant staph after her daughter was born, and Katie used Parents Choice. Depending on how old your little one is, since I don't know, there are other options... I would also get in touch w/ your local LLL chapter, and see if there is another mom who would be willing to pump for you- I had to do that for my sis for a while. Just another thought.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/index.html

I would check this out first. Alot of doctors say meds aren't safe when they really are.
    Anonymous

• Hazel, what meds? MOST are safe while nursing. Google Lact-Med and look 'em up....you may be pleasantly surprised. (Or pissed at your doc for steering you wrong.)

All formulas are much of a muchness. The only issue is whether baby will take it.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Well, I've had my daughter on the Similac soy formula, and today since I was running low on cash I went out and bought her the Parent's Choice soy. I'm sure it's okay. As long as it's the same type, like soy, I don't see a problem with it. I've heard from lots of mothers though that Parent's Choice is the BEST formula. So I guess we will see how it pans out, huh?
    HayleysMom2010

Answer by HayleysMom2010 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

yeah the member's mark formula is great. I used that on my son sometimes too. We got WIC but we always ran out so it pretty much saved us.
    Anonymous

• There are very few meds that are not safe to use during breastfeeding. Submit a help form to La Leche League and they can give you info on the medication and safety with breastfeeding at http://www.llli.org/help_form

If you are going to switch to formula the Parent's Choice brand should be fine. You are paying for the name on the label for the name brand stuff!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010