can't believe some people's mind are soooo closed

Today a co-work was talking to a customer she knew. about the loss of her husband and after the customer left my co-work says " that's to bad I feel so sorry for her at least he was a Christian, so he'll be ok. " okay I'm not a Christian. I'm Pagan, so maybe I'm missing something. but what happened to that thou shall not judge thing? AT LEAST HE WAS A CHRISTIAN? so what? if he was Jewish or something else he wouldn't be ok. what about all those devoted Christian Priest that have their way (for years & years) with the kids? Well at least he was a Christian Man he'll be ok. give me a break. I'm glad I'm a Pagan.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I doubt she meant it in a nasty way. Christians believe that Christians go to heaven... so that would be where she was coming from. If that person hadn't be a Christian she would have been sad, because she would believe he DIDN'T go to heaven. Wouldn't it make you sad if someone was meant to not be in eternal happiness?
    If what she says bothers you, and she does it a lot, ask her politely to save the talk for outside work or keep it to a minimum. Or counter back about YOUR beliefs (respectfully, of course) and have a convo about the differences. Some people can be annoying about it. Ask her to tone it down. You can't warrant a complaint unless you have tried to DO SOMETHING about the situation!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I understand your point, but they'll never get it, and all you'll get is a load of manure.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:35 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i dont get how that is judging but ok...truth is some people believe in the bible and others dont (like yourself) why does it bother you?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• AT LEAST HE WAS A CHRISTIAN. impliess that all others a doomed for hell. and it would bother you too if you had to listen to these kind of comments all day long when it is not your beliefs. wouldn't you be bothered If I talked all day about my Goddesses and implied you were wrong in everything you thought, just because it's not what I think.

Anonymous

• Does pagan believe what the bible says? What do you believe happens when one dies.. (not in anyway trying to bash just wondering)

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Being a Christian does not mean he was OK. Just like not being a Christian does not mean you wont be people like that make me sick.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I dont think is was judging she has a belief and thats her right.Just like you have yours.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Yes, I can see where you would have felt like you were being judged.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

It is rude and implies superiority. It's sickening that some think they are better than others.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• if you talked about your belive in,i wouldnt care..i belive in what i believe and your comments wont change anything or even bug me
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 5:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010