need some help with constipation...

the 9 year old yelled to me.. "mommy my poop's stuck in my bum!"

now, I can cure all the baby and toddler constipation in the world....but the 9 year old has stumped me.

HELP!!! lol....

she's in pain and I can't come up with anything other than the bicycle move with the legs (MUCH easier when she was a baby and had short legs), tummy rubs, and prune juice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Long walks
    Lots of water
    Warm bath

How does a child get constipated? You really need to evaluate your family's diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Laxitive brownies?

Pruned Juice...

Activia yogart.

Plain laxitive.

-------------

good luck : ) Sorry she's going through that.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• rkoloms...yeah I know all about the diet. lol we're a clean eating family - this constipation is the result of a weekend at Grandma's house. and Grandma has no rules about food....*sigh*

she now understands WHY we eat clean - and what the effect 'unclean' food has on the body.
    Anonymous

• Poor kid!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• fiber. water. enema.
    Anonymous

• fruit! tons of juicy fruit and fruit juice. No bananas. My 6 yr old DS just had a bout of constipation. we have loaded him down with fruit, veggies and water. he finally went today! twice!
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 10:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Sodium Ascorbate. It is a buffered form of vitamin C; you may have to call around to vitamin shops or health food stores to find some. Once your body has more than enough loose stools will result. It is what I use to balance the coffee and soda I drink so I can get my homework done and not end up sick.

Oatmeal helps as well. Also, coffee. Oatmeal and coffee together might loosen things up.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:47 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• What do you mean by "eating clean"?
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• My DD had major issues with this and the dr. told me myalex. It is a powder with no flavor and you add a teaspoon to juice (pear & apple are good) and it will soften their stool.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 12:24 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• miralax. follow directions and give it a day, my 10 yr old has a Rx for it because, well shit happens...or doesnt happen more often than not!
    bnnic

Answer by bnnic at 7:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2010