I live on a lake and all around my home are spider-webs and bugs and such...how do I rid of those? Cannot afford an "exterminator"..they are quite expensive...I have also tried a power-washer however all it does is go right through the webs!

How to rid of webs and bugs?

myan

Asked by myan at 10:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I know what ya mean. I just knock them down. There is a commercial spider killer spray...Arm yourself and go hunting!! LOL good luck..be sure to wear protective clothing and goggles..seriously.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I went to Ace Hardware and got this big jug of bug spray that had a little hose and hand sprayer attached (I'm sure those guys could tell you the name of it...or any hardware/housecare store). I was told to spray the inside edges of the house first (the baseboards along the walls that are 'outside' walls), and around the doors and windows inside. Then wait 24 hours (gives any bugs inside time to get out I guess?) and spray along the outside. Same deal, go all the way around the house at ground level, and around any windows and doors. I didn't have ANYTHING in the house for at least 3 months. They did tell me that I'd have to do it every 3-4 months (obviously not in the middle of winter, but you get the idea). It worked really well.
    singtastic

Answer by singtastic at 1:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Bug spray to get rid of the bugs, Tarro for aunts and wipe away webs with a broom.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• remember, spiders eat mosquitos and flies... both of which are big around lakes... do you really want to kill them?
    Keriokeeee

Answer by Keriokeeee at 7:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i do too and bugs are bad this year! i get someone to come out every 3 months and when they come in the house, they eventually die but the outside guys... there is a bag of insect repellant you can buy.. you spend it through your yard like you would grass seed. I havent figured out the mosquitos though. they are reproducing in our pond and there is poison you can put in the water to kill them and the eggs but i have dogs.. and im afraid to use it bc i dont want to hurt them.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Bug zappers are farely good. But i talked to an exterminator and they said that spiders are often the hardest to kill. For if the posion doesn't touch their bodies that their legs are immune. Try sweeping down the cobb webbs. Or catch several frogs and small lizards and they shoud take care of that too. Also, cats will catch an eat snakes if you have that problem too, being by the water. Mine tend to bring the dead ones up to the carport All the time its good and bad for me.
    bandit85

Answer by bandit85 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2008