Is It Abortion

Curious how everyone will answer. Do you consider ending an ectopic pregnancy abortion?

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 6:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Health

• No. it is not in any way viable. It is potentially life threatening, if your body does not terminate, it will kill you if left unattended.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I agree with ObbyDobbie!

Not in your hands at all! Not an abortion! : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I am very against abortion, but I don't think that is considered abortion.... It is toooooo risky for both mother and baby to try to carry an eptopic prenancy to term.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:10 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• An ectopic CAN NOT be carried to term. This isn't a matter of "risky", the fetus grows too large, ruptures the fallopian tube, you hemorrhage, left unattended you die. It is not possible to carry an ectopic pregnancy to term.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• My MIL and I were having this very discussion two days ago. When she had an eptopic pregnancy they had to transfer her to a different hospiyal because the catholic hospital wouldn't perform the surgery. We never did decide whether or not it was actually an abortion or not.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:12 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Absolutely not. There is no survival rate for mother or child if you were to continue on with the pregnancy.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• YzmaRocks~ That is just SCARY. Another perfect example of how dangerous religion truly is.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Any time a pregnancy ends, without a viable fetus, the medical term is abortion. "spontaneous abortion" is miscarriage. I've seen them use "surgical abortion" for the surgery for ectopic. When a woman comes into the hospital (or doc's office) how many times she has been pregnant and how the pregnancy ended is recorded in a kind of code. But sometimes women hear "abortion" and say I have NEVER had an abortion. Medicine=tricky sometimes.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• one treatment option doesn't involve directly killing the child, but removing it. This question goes unanswered. According to what I read, it seems there is an option to surgically remove the child, repair the tube, and increase future fertility. The goal with this option is to remove the child from the diseased tube, fix the tube, and save the mother's life and health.
    removing the embryo from the tube, and implanting it in the uterus. I found an article on this, but i don't remember where.
    true kjrn79 2002 after being PG for four months my baby died & refused to leave my body I had to have a surgical abortion, I felt like I was being raped.. it was horrible.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• my surgical surgery was one at a evangelic hospital, a religious hospital.. religion is dangerous, but a relationship with Christ is life saving & not knowing GOD is very dangerous..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2010