Infant seems to have....

( 5 months ) TMI...... sorry.

Infant seems to have monster poos! The sad thing is she cries before having a bowel. you cannot rub her tummy. So I sometimes lay her down and open her diaper to let her go so it's not smushing together and allows her to let the rest out... BECAUSE it's long long long. about as round as a nickel. Seems big to come out of her. I feel so bad for her.

After she goes she seems to be such a happier baby all around.

Help? Ideas? Advice? ( she'll see her doctor, the beginning of next week for her regular check up. I'm mentioning this... )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is on formula, you're going to have a lot of playing around to do. 2 main things cause ff babies to have constipation, hard stool, or stomach upsets 1) Dairy Sensitivity/Allergy 2) Over supplying iron... if not FF, I might have a couple answers for you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:15 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Sounds constipated. Give her some prunes or diluted juice.
    Anonymous

• She's formula fed.... Soy milk.

thank you for all the info so far :D
    Anonymous

• Any solids in the picture? THey might be causing her distress.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Sounds like constipation. If shes on solids I would re-think the amount she being given. I would also increase her fluids. But more than anything i would talk to her PEDI.

Good luck mom and i'm sorry you LO has to go through that just to make a poopers.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• don't they make a pre digested formula? i have read that a large number of babies that are lactose sensitive are also sensitive to soy.
    good luck :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It's common for formula fed babies to have digestive and stool problems. Soy formula is the worst formula for many reasons including poor brain growth. Relactation would be best for the baby. Predigeted formula may be a good option.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:22 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• She was breast fed for 3 months. I could no longer do it. So don't give me shit Gailll about poor brain growth.
    Anonymous