If someone is anti-gun and tells you they will not come into your home becuase of it what would you do?

Some people hate guns and knowing you have one in your house means they will not come in. What would you say to someone like that? What do you think of someone like that? Do you think their feelings are rational or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well then, they just wouldn't be visiting. Responsible gun owners are nothing to be fearful of. If they are, that IMO is irrational.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I think they are retarded. its not like im going to pull out my guns and show them, they are put up.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Off that view alone, no I don't thing they're irrational.

I don't know that I'd care too much if they said they wouldn't come into my home. That there is a tad odd, but who am I to tell them to think different?

What I'd think of them? I'd think it's unfortunate the opportunities they're missing out on because of their strict views. It's unfortunate that they'll avoid my house because of it. They're missing out.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would respect their views and maybe try to get together out of the home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Nothing..their choice.I have never had anyone scared to visit my home yet.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• They can feel how they want to feel. If they don't want to come to my house then whatever. That is irrational in my opinion. But to each their own. I have a constitutional right to own a gun (and I'm not a felon.) If I want to in my own home, that's my prerogative!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would think they are a bit goofy and off the wall and just say "whatever" your choice.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If they said that to me I would be like "I guess you are never coming to my house". and that would be the end of that.

That is the way they feel. I would not judge them on it.

In their mind they are rational in their view of guns

Answer by louise2 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Honestly, I am not keen on guns at all. If someone had guns in the house, I would NOT let my child over to that house. I am a grownup, so it would be different. Some people are very scared, I don't think that makes them crazy. But kids kill each other with guns all the time by accident.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:37 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would say 'okay then' and shut my door and move on with my day. To each their own.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:40 PM on Apr. 27, 2010