Is there a specif time in a babies life to take their nu-nu, pa-ci, binky away???

I know some moms take them away from 6 months old poor babies if that is what comforts them let them have it I'd say at around 2 yrs. old then try to ween them off. My kids never cared for them so I was lucky in that sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you ask my future MIL she will tell you at the age of 6. Yep, she let my fiance have a freakin binky until he was 6 years old and I found that out 2 days ago. Now I understand why they pushed a binky on my DD when I wasn't going to give her one!

To answer the question, I'd say around 2 y/o also=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• it's suggested that at a year you take it away
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i say 6 months to a year. My kids never liked them so I was lucky. It's kind of like the bottle I think. It can ruin their teeth so i say take it away as soon as you can. BUT...to each their own. Every child is different and every mom has their own way!
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• they say before they are 2 years old... i think 6 months is early to take it away if they actually use it as a comfort
    mandie_jean

Answer by mandie_jean at 6:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• We did it with both our girls between 5 and 6 months and the "poor babies" figured out how to comfort themselves just fine, and are no worse for the wear. we just took them away for periods during the day and then finally during sleep time. It was not difficult at all, and watching our friends do it much later (between 18 months and age 4, of course with intentions of doing it sooner...), I sure am glad. And both our daughters used it for comfort before that, but I think at that age they naturally start moving away from needing it so much. I think that's when parents get tempted to give it in the car or in public to quiet a child rather than hear a little fussing, and that's where the real dependency (long-term) kicks in.
    Anonymous