DO I AGREE TO TAKE THE NEXT CHILD?

I HAVE A 7 MONTH OLD LITTLE GIRL THAT THE JUDGE GIVE TO ME SHE BELONGED TO A FRIEND OF MINE.I AGREED TO TAKE HER AND RAISE HER AS MY OWN THE MOTHER CAN NOT HAVE ANY CONTACT WITH HER. WE JUST FOUND OUT THAT SHE IS 5MONTHS PREGNANT THE JUDGE HAS ORDERED THAT SHE HAD THE CHILD OVER AS SOON AS IT IS BORN. SHE WANTS ME TO TAKE THE BABY TO. I HAVAE 2 CHILDREN OF MY OWN PLUS HER ONE DAUGHTER I FEEL SELFISH TAKING HER TO WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT CANT HAVE CHILDREN THAT WANTS THEM SO BAD SO DO I TAKE HER TOKEEP THE KIDS TOGETHER OR DO I LET DEPARTMENT OF CHILDRENS SERVICES ADOPT HER OUT. PLEASE GIVE YOUR HONEST THATS ABOUT THIS.

GennyDaniels

Asked by GennyDaniels at 6:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• It sounds like you want her. Take her. :) She'll be with family, and you are family already if you've got her sister.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Take her to keep the kids together. If you can afford that. That was the greatest thing that happened to me when I was adopted. Too many families get split up.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• i think you should take the baby too keeping the kids together
    Anonymous

• i think even though it might be hard keep them together. Too many families get split up in the system and never know of each other! I am sure that you could get help of some. I hope that things work out.
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Can you afford to do it? can you handle it? If so, take both if not, maybe there can be an arrangement so the kids can know each other?
    Anonymous

• this is hard the sisters should be together if possible if you have enough love/room in your heart/home.. the baby would be better off with you.. four kids, two sets of bunk beds when old enough.. unless there is away for the birth mom to get her junk together so she can have the kids, if yes that would be very good.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• the sibilings should be together. But if you can not afford to take in another, do not take the child in.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If you CAN, keep them. If you CANNOT, then adoption is a better option. There's little value to keeping siblings together in a situation where you are too poor to really care for them. They would resent each other rather than love each other.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:43 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If you are able to take the new baby, (financially, physically, monetarily etc) then I think you should try to do it, to keep the siblings together. If you have reached your 'limit' of what you are able to do then let them all know you are unable to take in another child. I don't know what your friend has done, but she can't use you as an 'SPCA' and keep popping out kids and dropping them off like puppies at a pound.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 7:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• They would put her in foster care not adopt her out. There is a big difference. Maybe you know someone responsible who wants to foster a newborn.
    Anonymous