does anyone know how to get your body to produce more milk???

my baby is 4 months old and she wont latch on and i need to produe more milk for her

madisonsmommy5

Asked by madisonsmommy5 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OK. You mean she's never latched or suddenly isn't latching? Because the latter is common with teething and is fixable.

If you've been exclusively pumping, drop by the breastfeeding moms group and check out our FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. YOU will find a link titled "How to increase supply." EVERY trick known to woman is there.

We'll see you over there.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:48 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I second that :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• gdiamante

Answer by gdiamante at 6:50 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I pumped to help my supply. I did it frequently and it really helped. I went from almost nothing after a sudden emergency situation to 8oz each pump. I did use an auto dual pump with adjustable intensity settings. Its just not worth your time if you don't.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Nurse frequently
    Drink lots of water, at least 6 oz every time you nurse and every time you pump
    Have lots of skin-to-skin contact with your baby
    Take brewers yeast tabs
    Look at pictures of your baby while you pump
    Wait at least an hour after nursing to pump.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Oatmeal works wonderfully! Anything with oatmeal in it or a bowl of oatmeal alone. HTH Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• Fenugreek tablets, my breast almost exploded with milk after taking those.
    Anonymous

• fenugreek does work amazingly you can get them at health food stores
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• not sure if it works but i have been told by a few different people that one beer a day can increase your milk supply, i'm not much of a beer person. sounds weird but i've been told that it works.
    Anonymous

• I had a hard time producing milk in the beginning. Try pumping either in the morning right after you get up or in the middle of the night. My lactation consultant told me that you produce more of the hormone prolactin at night. I've tried fenugreek as well but that did not work for me. In the end I talked to my doctor and kept pumping and went on the medication domperidone (not 100% sure of the spelling) That worked really well for me.
    deppert

Answer by deppert at 3:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010