Advice for court!?!?!

I go to custody court over my son in less then a month. I have stopped sleeping and cant concentrate does anyone have some advice on what to do without drugs to calm down. Also, any advice on how to not be nervious during court?

CMead02

Asked by CMead02 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Get a lawyer! There's a reason lawyers are paid lots of money, they win cases!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• to help me sleep when anxieties are high, i use a self hypnotic technique. it has been working for 20 years! i don't know how to help you stay calm in court. i do wish you the best of luck though.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It will be fine. Judges don't like taking children from the mom. I agree to make sure you have an attorney and let them handle the stress. I'm hoping the drugs remark is a joke since that might have bearing on a custody case.
    Anonymous

• exercise helps me when i am stressed.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Be as prepared as you can be...try and anticipate any questions - write things down now as you think of them and try deep breathing (and lots of prayer). Good luck and remember you can get through this!
    Anonymous

• I have paid $10,000 so far to my attorney I'm sure she will want more after court I'm just scared that I have spent all this money and I wont win!?!?!?! I exercise daily and normally that calms me down fast but it hasn't been helping.
    CMead02

Answer by CMead02 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2010