The Biggest hair Mat can you please Help me? Desperate!

I just went through round 2 of Chemo. I woke up and my long blond hair is big time matted.!! It reminds me of my old poodle I had and loved. I wash my hair and condition it every day. I don't know how this happened but its the worst Mat Ever in usually long silky hair! I'm devastated. I'm not ready to lose my hair. Though I lost a lot already. Anyone have any usable good helpful tips? I'd be Forever Grateful! I can't afford a hair cut! Thank you for any helpful caring replies!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 6:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Conditioner. LOTS of it. Try to comb through with the conditioner in it, small sections at a time.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Try a soft baby brush, just go over the spot over and over. When my mom let me start brushing my own hair (I thought I was "too big" for her to do it for me) I totally skipped the underside and right behind the back of my jaw got totally tangled and matted over a period of weeks. Then it was time for a haircut and I was so embarrassed that I sat in my room for hours getting that mat out before it was time to go. The soft brush did the trick - eventually!

Oh, and try to find a silk pillowcase. That keeps hair from getting tangled & matted while you sleep.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 6:56 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear about this difficult time for you...I haven't tried this but how about mayonnaise? Just a thought! And what about putting your hair up in a shower cap (or something like that) while you sleep? My good thoughts and vibes are with you xo
    Anonymous

• Kids' detangler works as well. You could also try some olive oil- it will naturally condition your hair :)
    Good luck!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:36 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Maybe work mayonnaise or oive oil through it? I'm sorry, honey.
    I think you may feel a lot better if you go and get a little cute shorty do----perhaps the beauty school would volunteer one to ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 28, 2010