how much did you pay for your dog and how long ago?

is $350-$400 for the tiny shih tzu's to much? i see cheaper ones but they are not the tiny ones but is paying more worth it or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pets

• pisces chick89
    I tried to save a dog/puppy from a shelter, but in order to get an animal would have cost me a lot more than money. There was more paper work than required for a car loan, they expected me to bring all my pets to the shelter (with a warning my animals would be exposed to multiple diseases which right at the moment I can't remember the names to), dh and kids had to miss at least a half day of work/school in order to all be present at the shelter. Then, after all that, they would decide if we could adopt a dog. Did I mention where we live it was like a 45 minute drive one way with a Great Dane, bulldog and kids in the same vehicle? Oh, they did say I could leave my cat at home after I said there was no way I could bring her since she is an inside cat and the 4 block trip to the vet causes so much anxiety for her. Until shelters/pounds change some requirements people are not going to jump through the hoops to adop
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• 15 years ago, Chihauhau. $300

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Papillon, 3 years ago, $600
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I had a maltepoo 3 yrs ago and I paid $800
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:39 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix $100-2 weeks ago
    Great Dane $400 (family knows the breeder)-5 months ago
    English Bulldog-$ more than I will admit-6 years ago

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 8:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Reverse Brindle Great Dane $400.00 3yrs ago
    Harlequin Great Dane $250.00 8mo ago.
    Sheba Inu - Chow X $45.00 4 1/2 years ago (humane soc. rescue)
    2 Chihuahua's Free 8yrs ago
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 8:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The important thing when going to a breeder is making sure they are a real breeder and not a puppymill or back yard breeder. Make sure you ask tons of questions and if all they can tell you is the dog is AKC registered walk away.

I have not gotten a purebred dog in a long time. My dog reagan was adopted almost 8 years ago and I paid 60 dollars
    Beau was adopted 2 years ago and he was $100 dollers. My newest was free and yet I have spent a fortune on him. Well worth it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I have a mutt which the family paid me in dog food to take him. He was overweight from being fed candy bars and ice cream. He is good company now that the children are gone. We go for walks and when I come home from work, he is always happy to see me. I love my dog.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 8:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I paid $75 for my dog but I got him from the shelter. If you do get one from a breeder make sure you see the conditions the dogs are kept in. The only reason why I say this is because here in TN a puppy mill was just recently shut down and the owner admitted that she could do it because nobody would ever request to come see the conditions that the dogs were in.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• 350.00 for my chocolate lab 4 years ago
    200.00 for my great dane 3 years ago (rescue)
    Maltese free( I now figured out because she pisses on the floor)
    Anonymous