Rash on inner thighs

Is there something that could stop me from getting a rash on my inner thighs? I usually get it from standing from working most of the time. And by the time I have to walk home my legs feel like they are burning! They just feel raw, but it goes away after I sit and relax...it might be caused from the extra discharge ive been getting... (it only happens when Im pregnant) any way... just wondering if there is a way to avoid it or if there is anything I can put on it so it wouldn't hurt so bad by the time i get off work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could you wear pants? That always helps me, because it keeps my thighs from rubbing together lol. I dunno if your thighs touch, but that's what causes that problem for me, and pants fixed it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• yep. Wear pants and put some baby powder on your inner thighs to keep the friction from giving you a rash.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• yah is it from your legs rubbing together like a friction burn? I don't know why discharge would be running down your legs...if so I'd consider that either your water broke or you have an insane yeast infection. you can wear pantyhose under your pants to stop it or put on lotion to reduce friction.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 7:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Mrs pulley, sometimes when it's hot, the sweat can mix with the discharge and make it kind of... runny lol. It happens, it's not anything to worry about.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• ok i have this problem. i sweat so much, i hate it. where cotton undies and a pad if you have a lot of discharge. pregnancy makes your pee come out sometimes too so that could be part of it. also where cotton bike shirts under your clothing if you caan. when i used to work that is what i would do and it helped keep me dry and heal the chaffing problem. also you can use corn starch on your skin or powder but i would avoid anything that has a scent. that to me can add to the flare up. just try to keep yourself as dry as possible. monastate (sp?) has an ointment that you can put on your skin that will make it feel like silk and it really helps!! my partner uses that all the time. good luck to you!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• You can buy this stuff at the store and its this gel that makes a barrier. So that your legs don't rub together.
    Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel
    Works like a dream.
    Anonymous