My daugeter's 1st BDay is July 3rd. Being the day before the holiday I would like as little stress as possible. Advice? Theme ideas?

I would like to invite friends and family of course. And I would like to have it outside. Just wanted some input from others.

JoLeesMommy1207

Asked by JoLeesMommy1207 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• Uhm ok here first Bday will mean nothing to her in 10 years so save your $$ for her 5th, 6th , 7th 16th etc bdays the ones she'll remember
    instead have a BBQ take lots of pictures eat lots of good food and forget the theme...save the$$ for her wedding/college or whatever
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Pizza for food, soda for drink, bakery for cake. I found ordering pizza was the easiest food option for parties and pizza is loved by most. Usually pizza places will do specials for large one topping pizzas on large orders just be sure you order enough (one pizza usually feeds about 4 people). Doing can drinks are easier then making punch or tea and then you can recycle the cans and make some of the money back. Having a bakery do the cake is so much better and they can do up a cake better than I could. As for the theme........well you could do a patriotic theme being it's the day before the 4th but that's pretty common.  Heres a link I love this site...lol.  Have fun and happy early b'day to your little one.

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 7:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I would just have a "July 4th BBQ" centering on your adult friends and family, then (after her nap, and everyone has eaten) present a small sheet cake for your daughter, sing "happy birthday," take pictures, and help her open presents.

Go with the Independence Day theme...as decor will all be readily available! As another poster said, she will not have memories of her first birthday...so just take a few pics for the scrapbook, adn some video footage of her eating her cake and "opening" presents.

As she gets older, and has her friends attend, keep the BBQ theme going, but make it a beach theme or similar summer themed party.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:54 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• you can alway hire an entertainer how about a magician , that would be fun for the kids I think. and pin the tail on the donkey. and a pinata, and have them play with bubbles. and have them play out back. they should have a great time with that. because then comes cake and icecream.. enjoy and have fun .:)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 12:51 PM on Apr. 28, 2010