Why ?

BANGOR, Maine – A former member of the U.S. Air Force on a flight from Paris to Atlanta claimed he had explosives in his luggage and a fake passport, forcing federal air marshals to intervene and the plane to be diverted to Maine on Tuesday, U.S. officials said.

The officials, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity to discuss personnel matters and because the investigation was ongoing, said the man was a former member of the active duty Air Force until last year. The officials would not say what rank he held or the type of discharge he received. The man claimed he had a fake passport, but the passport was authentic, they said.

There were 235 passengers and 13 crew aboard Delta Air Lines Flight 273, which landed safely just after at 3:30 p.m. at Bangor International Airport, Delta spokeswoman Susan Elliott said.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:04 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Some people just freak out. That's all I can figure.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm pretty sure he didn't have anything, WHY ruin your life??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:21 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Why not?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Why not?

?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:19 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I give up. What's the answer, please?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Don't know, I did not know the guy and I was not there.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• funny how all of sweets posts are about "bad" things that our servicemen do. Yes honey, we know you are against the military. But there are criminals in every job...priests, doctors, military, teachers, mechanics, cashiers, sahms, Mcdonalds' burger flippers, farmers, actors, and I could go on forever. Yawn your posts bore me to tears.

Anonymous

• I don't know but, I am sure we will find out from MSNBC it was all Bush's fault somehow!! Or Palin's or the Tea Party or maybe Rush...I don't know but you can damn well bet they will pin it on a Republican some how!! LOL
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Oh I don't know sweet but since you have all this anti military bs going on.
    Answer why this guy did it?

A bomb scare caused a five-hour delay in Sunday's return to Port Canaveral for the Carnival Cruise Ship Sensation, authorities said. No bomb was found and Brevard County deputies arrested a Virginia man
    accused of starting the scare. Passenger, Ibrahim Khalil Zarou of Leesburg, Virginia shouted "We Are Jihad!" and "come see the bomb", the man claimed to be a member of "Jihad." According to the U.S. Coast Guard.

You can't there are crazies on all walks of earth... maybe the AF guy was disgruntled? His wife left him because of deployments? He lost his brother? He was drunk? Who knows but your anti military shit is old.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:11 AM on Apr. 28, 2010

• You can't there are crazies on all walks of earth... maybe the AF guy was disgruntled? His wife left him because of deployments? He lost his brother? He was drunk? Who knows but your anti military shit is old.

Exactly. Sweet, we get it. You don't like the military. You enjoy picking out the small group of wackos to make themilitary look bad. But when someone picks out the small group of leftist violent protests, you either ignore, or say you don't condone their behavior.. So WHAT IS YOUR POINT? 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:25 AM on Apr. 28, 2010