Skinheads in the military beat homeless man, WTF?

CINCINNATI (AP)-- A soldier and another man have been arrested in the beating of a homeless man, and two other soldiers are suspects, police said Tuesday.

Military police in Fort Knox, Ky., turned over 24-year-old Riley Feller to the Hardin County, Ky., sheriff's office Tuesday. Feller was being held on a fugitive charge at the county jail.

He will be arraigned Wednesday, pending extradition to Ohio.

Cincinnati police say Feller, 24-year-old Michael Hesson of Cincinnati and two soldiers based at Fort Bragg, N.C., badly beat 52-year-old John Johnson on April 10 at a homeless encampment under a bridge. Police say the four described themselves as skinheads, reports Cinncinati's WKRC.

Police are getting arrest warrants for the two Fort Bragg soldiers, whose names weren't immediately released, said Detective Kristen Shircliff.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 8:08 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Sweet, don't hold your breath on a logical answer here. Especially from those who are anti gay, but not anti "beating on homeless people", and whatever else they try to explain away. The simple answer though, is that there is no explanation. It is WRONG, period.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:32 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:09 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• just because they are in the military doesnt make them saints...bad apples are everywhere...so what is the actual ?
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• The question is WTF? Skinheads in the military?? Turn in a Gay guy and he loses everything ..no one gives a damn about SKINHEADS in the military? Is there a Dont ask, dont tell law referring to skinheads?? and  a Holeless person, WHY?

In Philly we had a rash of these a while back...just WHY??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:22 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• There is also child molesters, murderers, and latino/black gangs in the military too. The problem is people LIE. It is not like recruiters give lie detector tests to potential recruits and they cant read minds. Alot of the problem (IMO) when it comes to "gangs" in the military, just like anywhere else, is people want to fit in and they will do what they can to fit in. While I have been stationed at 5 different bases and have yet to meet a skinhead, my husband has met latino gangmembers. They are being kicked out if the military has proof. What is scary is that my husband told me that gang members are joining infantry type jobs so they can learn how to fight then take it back to the streets.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Especially from those who are anti gay, but not anti "beating on homeless people"

So you think we all enjoy that they beat a homeless man? I hope they get sent away for a long time. Of course my real choice would be hang 'em high, but that won't happen. Now sweet, would you have approved if they were NOT military?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:45 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• "no one gives a damn about SKINHEADS in the military?"

Who said 'no one gives a damn'?? Sounds like they're all being arrested and will face a judge.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Who said 'no one gives a damn'?? Sounds like they're all being arrested and will face a judge.

They were skinheads being trained to kill BEFORE they beat the homeless person. Why didnt anyone SPEAK up?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:03 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• sick :( Im happy my husband is just doing it to serve his country and he loves his MOS lol.
    That poor man..Hope those bastards get whats coming to them.What a life with discharges and jail time.Losers grrr
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• "They were skinheads being trained to kill BEFORE they beat the homeless person. Why didnt anyone SPEAK up?"

I didn't get that from the article... I interpreted it as the men called themselves skinheads at the time of the beating. From the article you posted, it just isn't clear that they were KNOWN to be skinheads before the beating. I guess we'll find out when more details surface.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 27, 2010