Why do you need to be assured that others are going to heaven?

How does it effect you personally, if someone else has accepted YOUR God, and you think they are going to his heaven or not?
If they aren't/weren't Christian, what does it matter it to you? Does this effect your personal faith somehow?
I am amazed at others supposed "concern" for others and their afterlife.

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, to each his own. I believe what I believe, I respect others right to do the same.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• if you have something or know of something great, don"t you want to share it with everyone?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• It doesn't if you are happy and have no real regrets then you truly wont be interested in changing who you are. Even if it means going to heaven or hell. Shoot I'm not even interested in assuring I go to heaven though I believe I will that doesn't mean I will. If I don't to bad so sad God obviously isn't as just as I think he is. I still regret nothing and had a great fun filled life.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• If someone is interested I'm glad to share it with them, but I won't force anything on someone, that's the quickest way to turn people off. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• Well, happy...there are some sickos that think child porn is great. Or that racism is great. Or that bigamy is great.

I always go with, "If you ASK me for something I'll tell you. But if you don't ask, I won't tell." Someone who ASKS is more open to the Good News.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:42 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• As Christians we are given a job by God to do on this Earth. To make sure everyone knows the truth, you can deny it forever. I can not change you. But I have a job to at least let you know.

I also do feel sorry for those who fight against their desire to believe so fervently. They will do anything to beat down a true believer.

I dont FORCE anything on anyone, can a person not talk about their own personal faith with another person?
    Anonymous

• You don't have a job anon, to do anything regarding my or anyone elses' personal spiritual path. It is arrogant to think otherwise. ANd I am going to say, it's arrogant of your god to expect you to do his bidding.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• No it is not arrogant in any way, its in the Bible. As Christians we DO have jobs. What you do with that is whatever, like I said I cant change you at all.

You really have no clue about Christianity at all, but really like to argue with us huh?
    Anonymous

• "You really have no clue about Christianity at all, but really like to argue with us huh? "

LOL, it's always so funny that people equate questioning with arguing. But I guess that is what you are taught in order to acheive obediance to "His" law.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I always say "It's not my job to say who goes to Heaven, that's way above my pay grade." I have no idea how the after life works, and I'm not foolish enough to pretend that I do. I just worry about being good here and now, I think that's all any of us can really do.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:26 PM on Apr. 27, 2010